Thursday, April 30, 2009

Goodbye Condo...Our First Home...

Although I really need to take some pictures of Brynlee, blog about her being 9 months, do the laundry, clean out my car because I swear I live out of it right now since I am homeless, do stuff for work, finish paperwork for the condo, pay bills, and all the other stuff on my list to do....I am going to sit for 10 minutes and blog about our little Condo which is no longer ours. I've really been SUPER stressed about moving, getting everything cleaned, re-painted, fixed etc...I've been so stressed in fact I was really getting to the point that I hated the stupid place!!! I never wanted to see it again!! Now that I have actually thought about not living in it ever again I kinda got sad... It may have been small, and I may have hated it at times, but it was a good place to live and we have a lot of special memories there!! I wanted to list a few so I will always remember... Here is my list!!

*It was our "first home" that I could technically do anything I wanted to!! I never painted so much in my life!! :)
*We moved into the best ward we have ever been in and I will truly miss everyone I know there!! I LOVED serving in the YW's and love those girls more than they will ever know!! I will never forgot how much they taught me!!
*I found out I was pregnant there...I will never forget sitting in our yellow bathroom with the test on the counter knowing it would be negative (they always were) but secretly wishing it would be positive...seeing the positive sign for the first time and not believing it!! I was pregnant...the butterflies in my stomach, the smile on my face, and the tears of joy running down my cheeks will always have happened in that little bathroom!!
*Brynlee was born there and spent the first 8 months of her life there. All of her firsts were there....smiles, laughs, projectile spit up on the carpet, you name it, it happened!! Many sleepless nights, many nights when she was sick I walked the small floors trying to get her to fall back asleep. Her nursery, so cute, pink, and poka dotted!! How sad it was to paint over it!! :(
*Abby our Beagle made her fist little neighborhood dog friends there. She always wanted outside to play with the neighbor dogs. This may sound really dumb...but for 2 years she has been SERIOUSLY terrified of other dogs!! lol
*It was in a great location, and it was 10 minutes or less from my parents, who have helped me more times than I can remember!! Family is the best!!
*Joe and I experienced many spiritual experiences so overwhelming at time the whole condo was filled with the spirit and all we could do was cry!!
*And the funniest memory!!! We always heard our upstairs neighbors being "intimate." Joe and I spent many nights busting a gut because as loud as we turned up our TV we were still very well awear of what was going on!! Way too funny...the joys of condo living!! :) I probably shouldn't have written that, but I don't think we will ever forget how much we laughed over it!!...

Before I fall asleep at the computer I just wanted to share my feelings of sadness...I am very excited to move on to the next step in my life...but I will always remember where we "started"...Our little condo in American Fork so long and goodbye!!

Oh and by the way...the wall got fixed and I totally did most of it myself!! I was so proud!! I forgot to take a picture though...but, it did get fixed!! :)

8 comments:

k.young said...

You are so cute! What a cute post that was. I loved your list. The last one, with your neighbors, cracked me up! Good luck with the rest of your move!

Belkycita said...

It is sad to let go but the many more memories are coming soon.
Hopefully without any sexual content!

Sarah said...

Even MORE firsts to come in your brand new HOUSE!!!!!!! :) But I'm glad you'll always hold a soft spot in your heart for where you started out (and who you started under LOL Gotta love neighbors). ;)

Ashley said...

MURPHYS WE WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH YOU HAD SUCH A BIG INPACT ON MY LIFE I LOVE YOU GUYS AND I HOPE THIS NEW ADVENTURE WILL BE AMAZING FOR YOU!!! I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU GUYS!!

Alyssa said...

Its crazy how much you dont miss it until its gone. I will be really sad to move from our little house one day too.. but you move on to bigger and better things! Yeah for new experiences!!

Ben said...

You will be greatly missed! Good Luck in your new house and your new ward...they will be lucky to have you!

Angie said...

It is sad to leave one of your first homes.. But you will love your new one!!!
I can't wait to see pictures and be invited over! (wink wink)

Chelsea said...

I found you on Kathie's blog, and I'm so excited! About those "intimate" neighbors... We always wondered if the noise traveled down as much as it traveled up. Good to know we weren't the only ones laughing (or crying) and turning up the tv! Poor middle-dwellers. They have it the worst! No, I think WE all had it the worst. And now you will never have to deal with that again! Hooray for you and your new house with lots of stairs!

Last Day In NICU

Last Day In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

First Day NICU

First Day NICU