Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Update on the craziness!!

I really haven't been very good at blogging lately...so I will try to get everyone up to speed!

Our condo: after a couple people fell through (which was good because I would have had to pack and move in a week) we have renters moving into our place April 29th. Which means we will be moving in with Joe's parents here in the next couple weeks. That will give me time to clean the condo, get carpets cleaned, patch and paint etc... I am dreading moving our stuff twice! But such is my life!

Our NEW house: after counter offer after counter offer we gave our last and final offer on the house we love and told them take it or leave it we will walk away. Let me clarify this though...Through this whole house hunting ordeal I told myself I wasn't going to look at paint, decorations, or fall in love with ANY house! Because, then you are more willing to pay more and negotiate less. I watch FAR too much HGTV. lol Joe on the other hand LOVES this new house. From the minute we walked in he was sold. I've been the stable one through all this because he was more willing to give them what they wanted! lol Kinda funny how that all turned out. So I was going to have to pull him kicking and screaming walking away if they didn't except. Good thing they did! :) Don't get me wrong I love the house, but there are also a lot of other houses I would love and could live in! We are officially under contract and are scheduled to close around May 10th. They needed time to find a house also. It is in Eagle Mountain the "Ranches." In the house subdivision called the "Highlands." It's a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath with an unfinished basement with a formal living room, family room, and this really cool built in office/loft upstairs. It's very open with vaulted ceilings, a big open windows! It's 2800 sq. feet with a fully landscaped, fenced backyard equipped with a cool waterfall, fire pit, built in trampoline, swing set, and raised garden beds. In the community there is also a small pool and park/playground right across the street from us! It will be so fun for our kid(s). I can't wait until we can move in!! I've had the re-decorating bug BAD lately so I am REALLY excited to totally start over with this new house! Joe is all worried that I'm going to go overboard and go crazy! I told him not to worry, those HGTV episodes are going to come in handy and I will take one room at a time! lol He doesn't know what he's in for!! :) We hope our escrow goes according to plan and that this doesn't fall through, because we really do love the house!

Joe: Joe is not happy at me at the moment. I just got him really good for April Fools!! He is DEATHLY afraid of spiders. It's rather funny how scared he is of them. I put 2 little plastic ones in the shower tonight before he got in...it was hilarious!! What he doesn't know, is there will be another one under his pillow tonight! hahaha! I can't wait!

Brynlee: Poor little baby has not only been teething like crazy, getting another eye tooth, and both top teeth...but she also got the flu really bad and has been really sick for the past few days. Today her fever is finally down from being 103 which scared me to death!! She isn't throwing up anymore, but she still isn't eating as much as she usually does and refuses to eat solids right now! Just wants her mom...I really wish I could take her sickness and make her all better and have it myself! Although I have been a little under the weather too, especially not sleeping with brynlee being sick. We have done a whole lot of nothing lounging in pj's, not showering or doing my hair because all she wants to do is snuggle. I can handle that! :) I hope tomorrow will be better, I can tell she is starting to feel better because she is getting feisty again! lol

Well, I think that is all for now. I am enjoying a sleeping baby, and am ready to crash myself! How I love the peace and quiet at night...it is great! Hope everyone is doing well and I will try and be better at updating so I don't have to write a novel like this again!! :)

7 comments:

k.young said...

I love your novels! But I would also love them to come more often. :) Sounds like fun, crazy times at the Murphy home. I can't wait to see pictures of the house and to hear how everything goes. Moving is awful, and to have to do it twice is bad, but it will only be for a few weeks, so you can just pack for a really long vacation! :)

cHeRi" said...

OH THAT IS SO AWESOME YOU GUYS FOUND A HOUSE! GOOD LUCK MOVING...TWICE! UGGGG, NO FUN...BUT IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT =) HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL. I CAN'T BELEVE HOW BRYNLEE IS ALWAYS SICK! I AM SO SORRY...GET SOME REST!

Belkycita said...

Congratulations the house stuff!
Way to go with the Spiders!!!! I wished I've known back when I live under the same roof, he he he...

Alyssa said...

Thanks for the update! I was wondering when I would hear more about the house! I am excited to see pictures of the updates that you do! Im sure it will look awesome! Glad to hear Bryn is feeling a little better! Keep on going!!

The Atkinson Family Blog said...

That is so great about the house. I hope it works out! Chad used to work out there. He was the HOA manager. If you need any help with the HOA just let me know..we know them really well!

love birds and a few chicklets said...

Hooray for houses in the Ranches! That is so great that you found a place. When you move in we will have to come see it!! That is so great that it comes with so many nice things like the trampoline, fire pit, waterfall.. oh the fun stuff! We are happy for you guys. Let us know if you need help moving or anything.

Sarah said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations on the new house, sooooo exciting! Can't wait to see it on my next trip out! :)
XOXO

Last Day In NICU

Last Day In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

First Day NICU

First Day NICU