The middle part of June we had our annual Murphy Family Vacation. We went up to Eden and stayed in a house for a few days with the fam. It was nice to get away for a few days and have a different change of scenery. We got to see Andy which was good to see him since it is much more rare now. Brooklyn was even excited to see him and crawled right too him! Brynlee is still timid around Andy...he always made her cry as a baby. But the chubby one doesn't seem to have the same feelings. She loves her Uncle Panda! Brynlee and her cousin Aaron who are a year apart and two peas in a pod! They are trouble together but they have SO much fun!! She loves playing with him and talks about playing with him all the time. It was really nice becuase they entertained each other most of the time. I'm so glad she has a cousin to play with when we are with the Murphy fam, it makes it so much more fun!! The house had an indoor pool which was more than a little cold when we first arrived. Brynlee attempted to get in once and refused to go in again. Veena and I took matters into our own hands and found the pool heater and turned the temperature up to the max!! lol The next day after is had finally warmed up 20 degrees the kids and adults had much more fun swimming in the pool! It was Brooklyn's first time in the pool and we think she liked it. She wouldn't crack a smile...she was just taking it all in. She loved splashing her Aunt Emily though! Em you're such a good sport!! :) We really didn't do a whole lot of anything...we ate good food. TONS of junk! We hung out, watched movies, everyone played on their Ipads, the kids played, we swam, sat in the hot tub, and enjoyed the time together. Veena and Emily talked us into to letting Brynlee go to the movies with them. Em was brave enough to be the one to take her to the first movie in the movie theaters....I know that sounds like we are depriving parents or something...but we just haven't attempted it becuase she won't even sit through a movie at home. But she did really well!! She was excited to go with her cousins and she still talks about the Panda and the Coo Coo bird. lol All in all we had a good time and I really was there...I just avoid pictures being pregnant, especially since all our pictures last year I was pregnant in....next year I will NOT be pregnant!!! ;)


2 comments:
Yay for you updating! I've never seen a child splash more than Brooklyn. It was adorable and so fun to spend that much time together. Brynlee was a champ during the movie. It turns out if I just keep giving her candy, she WILL sit there and eat it!
I'm calling it major progress. Butterball crawled to me, and Brynlee didn't run away from me... a lot. So we're at least moving in the right direction!
Post a Comment