Thursday, July 28, 2011
I am "THAT" mom.....
Yesterday is one to record. Nothing really super exciting...just a series of events that made me "THAT" mom!! Most mornings I feel pretty good when I wake up...this particular morning I felt like my head had been hit with a sludge hammer and if I really had to open my eyes I was going to have to glue them open... Being the great mom that I am I gated the kids in the living room, turned on the cartoons, grabbed a pillow and baby blanket and laid on the floor. Brooklyn thinks it's a fun game and crawls all over me but I was SO tired I didn't even care...for 45 minutes I laid there baby crawling all over me, in and out of sleep. Then it's time to actually be Mom....breakfast, cleaning, baths, etc....Brooklyn is teething and life is pretty miserable this week so that makes matters so much better! I have really had a hard time being motivated to do anything with this pregnancy...all I want to do it sit on my butt and eat! I am done! I am done with the laundry, the dishes, the cleaning, the toys, the yard, the finances, everything!! I also SERIOUSLY hate running errands with 2 kids. It is so exhausting for me. With that being said I had to exchange clothes for the girls for my brothers wedding which is Saturday. Of course where else but the Mall...now that I have kids I really hate the mall!! I turn into "THAT" mom!!! Brynlee runs around every store not listening to a word I say....Brooklyn tries to get out of the stroller freaking out becuase she wants to run around/crawl around with her sister. I TRY to look for something that will work....5 kids stores later NOTHING!!! That's it, we're going home I am DONE!!! Since we are in the area I need a few supplies at the Beauty Supply. My most HATED store to EVER take my kids into!! Again, Bryn running around this time with a shopping cart. Running into displays, knocking stuff over left and right. If I try to "help" her with the cart and HUGE tantrum starts.... Me, carrying my 24LB baby becuase the stupid cart has no place to put your kid, and has a a stupid sign that says "Please do not place child in cart," and also carrying 25 EXTRA pounds of pregnancy weight....sweating profusely, again TRYING to remember everything but SO distracted!! Brooklyn then starts chewing on my NASTY, germ infested, dirty, disgusting keys just to keep her quiet long enough to buy what I need. Holy crap, are you kidding me, I let her chew on the keys???? On the way home I call my mom to tell her my failures at the mall and beg for her help in finding what I need for the wedding. While on the phone I drive into a huge thunderstorm and it begins to POUR! Child #1 is in the back "eating" fishy crackers aka getting them ALL over the back, and child #2 has taken her sippy cup and slowly dumped all the water out on herself, fish crackers she was eating are now mush all over her, car seat, and car. Then out of NOWHERE a poor little bird flies RIGHT INTO MY WINDSHIELD!!!! I FREAK out, it startles me so bad of course I pee my pants a little...because that what happens at LEAST once a day when I sneeze, cough, crouch down, or apparently get startled!! I try not to swear, get off the phone as fast as I can, and just laugh all the way home...Rush to get the kids cleaned up, get the baby to bed for a nap, and shovel food down just in time for Joe to get home and me to run to a R.S. activity I needed to help set up for. No dinner was made, the house was still a disaster from the morning, and poor Joe had to deal with what I so willingly ran out the door to leave for him! :) Oh I did also change...don't worry, I didn't wear my pee pants to the activity!! Joe asked how my day was as I rushed out....and I simply replied, I was "THAT" mom!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last Day In NICU
Doing Much Better In NICU
First Day NICU



5 comments:
Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard at this because there are SOOOOOOOOOOO many days I am that mom. Wait until you have 4 kids and you just let them eat brownies for breakfast because you're "That Mom" or your "That Mom" when you drag all 4 kids into Walmart looking like raga muffins, baby still in jammies after 12 and screaming because I'm not letting him have ALL the candy that's in the line while you check out, so I give into him and hurry and pay for the 3 he's already opened, yah that was my day today, ha ha!!!! These are the moments we have to laugh right???
Oh geeze Kariann! Sounds like a ROUGH day! I think you need a vacation, nanny, and a spa day...
Just like Amy...I am "that mom" too Kariann! It gets so crazy plus we are just adding to the maddness. Sometimes I wonder what the HELL I was thinking but the good days make up for it! I had a horrible day yesterday just from my stupid pregnancy emotions! I too was "That Mom"! If I can do it...you can do it!
Crazy!!! I'm glad you wrote aout it because years later you have to read it to your kids whenthey tell you they are having a bad day at home with teir kids.
Oh "THAT" MOM has survived another generation!!!
Post a Comment