Monday, August 1, 2011

For Journaling Purposes....

It's one in the morning. Joe and I are SOUND asleep...Brynlee comes in, super bad fever, shaking, and climbs into our bed with her cup. She chugs what is left and asks for more. I go downstairs to get her more. Then I hear all this commotion!! Lights being flipped on and bath water running! What the heck just happened....I run up the stairs to find Brynlee sitting in the tub finishing throwing up and Joe frantically washing his face off in the water as fast as he can dry heaving at the same time. OH MY GOSH what just happened??? I begin to clean Brynlee up and Joe proceeds to tell me that out of a dead sleep he woke up to her throwing up on his face!!!! HAHAHAHA OH MY HECK!! I felt SO bad for both of them, but couldn't help but laugh! He is such a good dad, he took it like a champ and started cleaning up while I helped Bryn. We had to strip down our bed, he had to get in the shower, and finally by 2 I think we were all back to bed...this time with bowel close by lots of towels just in case! What a horribly funny situation to remember....oh the joys of parenthood!

3 comments:

Declan & Jen said...

That's funny and gross at the same time. That's good that Joe took it like a Champ.

The Studes said...

oh to have those nights. I don't think you can offically call yourself a true parent until you have been thrown up on. I hope she is feeling better.

Em said...

Hahhahaa! I am dying right now. I am going to tease him about that FOREVER.

Last Day In NICU

Last Day In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

First Day NICU

First Day NICU