Lately I haven't been sleeping much...I lay awake thinking of all the things I need to do. I've never been to the doctor and been diagnosed with "anxiety" but I know I have it and I really need to figure out a way to control my mind at night!! lol I live off diet pepsi through the day to stay awake and lay awake all night long...dang this head of mine!! I kept telling myself once I moved into our new house I could just rest and relax....not the case! I still find myself running here and there, the garage still needing unpacked, and the house (in my mind) needing to be perfectly decorated the way I have pictured it for months!! :) I really really really love our new house!! I will post pictures soon. I've been a decorating fool and this has consumed my life since we moved it. The house is beautiful and I am so grateful we were able to buy such a wonderful place! We are truly blessed right now! The only problem....everything was SO BEIGE!!!! Not that beige is bad, because it isn't. But I NEED some color in my life!! I've been taking one room at a time and painting, decorating, re-finishing furniture, working on crafty projects left and right!! It's been so much fun. I've been loving every minute!! I'm not at all an interior decorator, and really have no idea what I'm doing...but it will have to work for now!! Of course I could go crazy and spend tons and tons of money on all this stuff I want...but, since I can't, I am finding ways to make it cute on a budget!! :) Along with all the house stuff the front and back yard are in need of serious weeding and TLC. How do I do this with a busy body 10month old?? I don't...thus the yards are still a mess!! And you may ask, where is Joe during all of this, why can't he help? He helps when he can...right now he is working 10 hour nights 7 days a week for a little while. He is crazy! Again to that sleep problem...now I have anxiety about him being gone at night. I sleep with the gun under his pillow. You better believe if anyone comes through my door they may not live to see tomorrow!! haha!! Then at 5 in the morning a get a call from my oh so tired husband who needs me to talk to him for 45 minutes while he drives home so he doesn't fall asleep at the wheel. I would rather not sleep and be a zombie myself than have him not make it home and be a single mom forever...I can't even imagine that!! Anyways...life is always crazy, I just embrace it and drink another diet pepsi!! haha!!
One another note...I have been LOVING watching Brynlee grow up. I can't believe she is going to be 1 in less than two months!!! She took her very first steps on Sunday to her Grandpa Murphy! It was adorable!! Her and her Grandpa have had a bond from day one. He would go to the NICU and just hold her for hours and rock her in the rocking chair. He is an amazing man. One a really look up to, and one I am SO glad my husband has genes from!!
It's funny to see the relationships she has with different people she loves all her grandparents...she definitely is the queen of the house when she is at my parents house. What she says goes and she plays so hard when she comes home from there I think she gets bored here... :) She absolutely ADORES my little sister Madison. If Madison is around Brynlee is her little shadow. She hears her voice and just smiles and laughs. Madison is the best little babysitter too! I trust her 100% with Brynlee which is hard for me to do..lol I love that she has such great people in her life and I only hope she brings them as much joy as she brings us!
Last night while eating dinner at a restaurant with my best friend! I discovered she knew how to drink from a straw!! It's weird enough to be feeding her foods I am eating, but drinking through a straw??? I know this sounds dumb but I couldn't get over it!! I had this reality check of oh my gosh...she is starting to walk, she is starting to eat "grown up" food, and she drinks through a straw!!!! haha!! She is such a big girl!! She isn't my little baby anymore than is for sure! She is little Miss Independent!! Gosh it makes me baby hungry though!!! What is wrong with me??? I'm crazy I know!! It's the lack of sleep is what I tell myself!! :) Anyways...now that I've rambled my way through this entire post and jumped from one subject to another I will get on my merry way and get some things done around her and try to not wake Joe up...I feel really weird like I can't go shower or get ready in my room because I'll wake him up...Darn this new schedule, I really am not loving it!! Oh well...we will survive...we always do! :)


7 comments:
Sorry my little update wasn't so "little" I really didn't think I had that much to say!! haha
You are so cute! I love reading your updates! I can't believe Brynlee is walking already! How cute. I can't wait to meet her at the reunion! Good luck with everything. And I can't wait to see pictures of your darling house!
I love it when you update, even more when they're not "little." Brynlee is so fun to watch. She doesn't sit still for a minute. My dad will forever love that she took her first steps to him. So cute. Also, I love how you've decorated your house!
Wow walking already, seriously she's WAAAYYY too little! And sorry about the laying awake at night, I hate to say this but the caffeine isn't helping, so try caffeine free okay! Let us know!
One important thing I have t o say is... I love diet PEPSI!!!!
now, onto greater things.
I hope Joe's schedule changes soon. I can't wait to see pictures of your new home with your final touches.
WALKING???!!! could she slow down a bit?
I'm glad you're back! keep enjoying it all.
K, this is going to sound silly, but I have found a cure that works for me when my mind is racing. I've suggested it to other people, but I don't know that it works for anyone else. I look at the back of my eyelids. Crazy, right. Oddly, I can see shapes (likely the light that is left imprinted on my corneas) and as I concentrate on them, they fade and change. It keeps my mind from thinking of all of the things I need to do and I fall asleep pretty quickly. I know, it sounds odd. If you try it, let me know if it works for you.
Sounds like your life has been pretty busy lately!! That is a lot of work for Joe.. Hope it gets over soon, working 7 days a week is no fun at all!! Im sure your projects are looking awesome!
Post a Comment