Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Weight Loss Blues

Bear with me today...I just need to vent a little. So I've been trying really hard to eat better, count calories, and get my "pre baby" body back. I know I will never have the body before birth because it has changed, but it can be close, I see amazing looking women everyday that have 3 or 4 kids! Every time I try to talk to someone about this they never understand and think I'm crazy for feeling the way I feel. But I'm entitled to feel the way I feel. Even though I am a "small" person I struggle with weight issues just like everyone else. If I eat whatever I want because I am short it goes straight to my stomach!! Have I ever had the "perfect" stomach. HECK NO!! Maybe in high school...but even then it wasn't great! The stomach for me is the HARDEST place to lose weight!!! I want to exercise and I try to here and there but I feel like I never have time! I feel like where in my day is that going to fit?? I have to get the amount of sleep I am getting, I cannot get up any earlier because I can barely make it through the day already!! I'm just feeling discouraged today. I want to get the rest of the weight off before I have another because I know it will be even harder the next time. I've lost 5 pounds in the past month just by counting calories, which is really good for me, and I really only have like 8-10 to go. I really don't care how much I weigh though, it's the shape of my body!! Is my stomach really always going to be so stretched out looking?? Any suggestions, or tips would be so helpful!! Right now I am doing the HCG diet. It is hard, because it is so strict, but I am on my 3rd day and have lost 4 pounds. That I am so thankful for! We'll see how this goes and hopefully in 2 weeks I won't be complaining anymore!! haha Don't get me wrong, having Brynlee is worth every second of my messed up stomach lol, but it's the pressure to be thin, the fear of getting bigger and bigger with another pregnancy, and the fear of looking back years from now wondering how I let myself get where I am. Anyways...I really am blessed and I really do try and count my blessing when I feel this way! I really am grateful for the body I have, I am SO grateful for the beautiful daughter I have to show for it, and I am thankful I am healthy and able to do the things I need to do!! Sorry for complaining so much, tomorrow will be a better day!! :)

8 comments:

k.young said...

You are so funny! And I totally know how you feel. I hate it when someone tells me I shouldn't feel the way that I do. Drives me crazy!
Good luck with your weight goals. I try everyday to eat better, to lose my baby weight, too. :)
But you really are just perfect the way you are!

Angie said...

I so hear you! It is a hard road. I am trying now, to loose the weight and get into better shape. on a side note, I was doing my Wii Fit yesterday and in the last 90 days I have lost 4.4 pounds (whoop, whoop) and it told me that my Wii Fit age is 31! WOW, my real age, that is a first it has told me that.. I am usually 68.. LOL.

Anyways, just keep swimming, i mean trying. (that was from NEMO)

I know how hard it is, the only advice I can give that has really ever worked for me with my tummy is a tun of crunches before bed. I used to do that years ago and I looked like I did in High School.
Good luck, and know that I love you the way you are! XO

cHeRi" said...

I hear ya!!! I think everybody has something about their body they want to change!! Good luck! I'm rooting for you..You are gorgeous!!

Belkycita said...

Is this really coming from the super hot momma?!!!

I totally understand though, it is your body and the way you feel comfortable.
Good luck with the diets and work out. They are hard to do but with determination I know you can do it.

Go Kariann!!!

Amy said...

Oh Kariann, you are such a doll and I get ya, we all have our things, but seriously I think you look FABULOUS!!! Good luck with everything.

love birds and a few chicklets said...

Ok I so now how you feel! Being apart of the family that I am I feel like there is a lot of pressure to be "perfect". I to get so frustrated about how I look, BUT really you look great! Just the other day I was telling Logan how good you looked and that I was jealous :). I am still in denial that I am never going to have my pre-pregnancy body. I am going to have to look up this diet your are on. If you ever want to go running or to aerobics with me let me know!

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

Hire a personal trainer for a month or two. They really know their stuff. They'll tell you how to lose weight over a longer period of time, so you won't lose it right away, but they'll give you the info to learn how to keep it off and lose it correctly, without that rebound effect. My brother in law is a personal trainer and he's brilliant.

Alyssa said...

I feel guilty because as I was reading your post about your diet and losing weight I was eating a huge popsicle. eh.. That is way impressive about your weight loss!! Keep it up! Oh and I wouldn't worry about your weight! You look good!

Last Day In NICU

Last Day In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

First Day NICU

First Day NICU