Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Weeks Events

Well this past week has certainly been a busy one... In between all of the crappy Utah Spring "storms" we have been outside working in the yard A LOT!!! There is so much to still do to our horrible landscaping that was left by the previous owners...we have really only made a small dent in the huge mess of things! But, at least we are getting somewhere.... Thanks to lovely HOA regulations we had to re-stain our fence inside and out. My awesome dad came out and brought his airless sprayer and did it for me since I was told I shouldn't be around the smell. I tried to stay away as much as possible but ending up helping a little...I just don't listen to "NO" very well... We got all the outside done and then the wind picked up....after rolling the stain on for 2 hours and not making much progress we bagged it and decided we will finish the inside another day with the sprayer...it is so much faster and easier!! The next day was of course rainy...so I finally started painting the baby room. I have had the paint for awhile now and just had no time... I got the paint done and now get to do all the fun stuff like re-finishing the furniture, wall decor, decorations, etc...definitely my favorite part!! You will have to stay tuned for the end result!! We have also been weeding like crazy...Joe has been been digging, leveling, and laying sod in the backyard, and Brynlee has officially started to get a tan from being outside so much! I think she definitely got my skin becuase she will be a little red at night...and tan the next morning just like me! I am trying to keep the sunscreen on her as much as possible, but she serioulsy could live outside if I would let her!! Her and abby (the beagle) are little buddies out in the backyard. They chase each other around, eat snacks together, and brynlee is constantly yelling at her "Aaaaaa-eeeeee!!! Where are you?? Aaaaaaa-eeeeee come mere!!!!" It is so dang cute and funny!! Brynlee's hair is finally growing becuase it is just crazy wispy long, and it is getting lighter from being outside so much. It will be fun to see what color hair she has at the end of the summer.... Anyways....that pretty much sums everything up for the week!! Next week is going to be just as busy but on Friday we leave for St. George for a week of vacation...so so so excited to do nothing but be by a pool all week!! No cleaning, no weeding, no laundry, no cooking every night, so more sore back from overdoing it, no more stressing, and no work!!! I am simpy going to sit on my butt as much as I possible can, and I totally think I deserve it! :)


Project #1 Stained side on Left...I think the HOA was right, it needed it!

Project #2- Before, kinda a bad picture, it was a pretty bright purple.


After!! Love it!! :)


A Girl's Best Friend, Dog & Chocolate Cookies


She was telling Abby to look at the camera and say cheese! lol

2 comments:

Em said...

Yep, you are never going to be able to get rid of that dog. Bryn loves her too much.

Danielle said...

So cute, love the new pink & green paint! Sounds like you guys have been busy, but so many exciting new things coming up! Can't wait to see pics of your new little one!

Last Day In NICU

Last Day In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

First Day NICU

First Day NICU