Sunday, September 7, 2008
Bad Mom
Do you ever feel like the worst mom? The other day I found Brynlee with her headband over her eyes in her car seat. I first laughed, then wondered how long it had been like that? I then felt like a "bad mom." At night when I've tried rocking her to sleep, and after an hour she won't, I'm SO tired I just don't know why she won't fall asleep in frustration I put her in her swing and let her sleep there for a couple hours...again feeling like a "bad mom." Or there's the after feeding gas which could be more than just gas but I don't want to wake her up to check becuase it's 2 in the morning...again the horrible feeling of a "bad mom" leads me to check, wake her up, and start the falling asleep problem all over again! Or there is the fussiness, and I try everything I can to get her to calm down, nothing works, so I hand her over to Joe and magic! She is FINE! Again...I feel like a "Bad Mom." Oh the joys of having a baby...I'm sure there are MANY things I have to learn and I'm sure I will always feel like a bad mom at times...but I just tell myself Brynlee doesn't know any better...How does she know if I'm a bad mom or not!? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last Day In NICU
Doing Much Better In NICU
First Day NICU


9 comments:
Babies have lived through much worse!! :) Cute picture of her headband, though!
As far as the pooping/gas thing, just load her butt with whatever kind of diaper ointment you use and don't wake her up at night :) That is what we do and it seems to keep Keelia fairly protected.
She is so cute! We can't wait until we get to meet her!
You are not a bad mom!! Don't ever feel like you are!! You're just a new mom and don't quite know what to expect!! She'll be fine!! Plus! She won't know any better!! Love ya!! I think you're the best mom!! I couldn't do what you do!!
The beauty of being a mom, we give our kids everything we got and still worry if we are doing it right. YOU are the BEST mom Brynlee could ever have!
Things will get easier, I promise.
I think you loving Brynlee equals being a great mom. But if you are worried about it now, just wait until she's 4 and you yell at her for not staying in her bed (not that I've ever done that, ha ha).
Oh my Kariann, we ann have so many things that would make us bad moms then, don't you worry, Brynlee does not know any better, she just knows how absolutely and 110% you love her. There is no greater joy than being a mom, welcome to that. Hang in there okay, it only gets better.
I read that and I think if you are a bad mom then I am a horrible mom! You are doing great and yes it is a good thing that they do not know any better and they will love you despite your wrongs!
You are NOT a bad mom..
I can remember thinking I was the worst when my oldest was about 4 months old and I pulled her carseat out of the car and the handle wasn't latched.. It swung upside down and there she was all buckeled in and happy as a lamb.. AHH.. It was horrible..
Your a cute mom.. And a great one!
You are so funny!!! and soooo NOT a bad mom=) Atleast Brynlee hasn't fallen out of the swing, (yet)... lol only kidding. So far Avi has fallen out of her swing twice and of the couch once. oops =)
My friend Karley's baby is VERY colicky and fussy. So much so that she has taken to calling him "Devil Baby". It sounds horrible but I promise it is said with love and endearment...and a lot of "Bad Mom" feelings. So of course he fusses and screams ALL day and then when her hubby walks in the door he is the perfect little ANGEL for the rest of the night. So, I speak for her (and myself because I'm over there all the time) when I say "[I] can relate!"
Besides, if those few things are the worst you can do, you should get a Mommy of the Year award!!! :)
Post a Comment