Monday, October 20, 2008

Daddy & Bryn

Now that I am working Joe gets to be Mr. Mom a couple times a week. Now he understands why I don't get alot done some days... I do have to laugh a little though...When I come home I can tell he really hasn't moved from the living room, there are toys everywhere, diapers everywhere, dirty spit up clothes, and empty cups/plates that haven't made it back to the kitchen. He also has a great talent of dressing Brynlee in the worst matching clothes possible!! It's actually pretty hilarious! If I don't set something out before I leave I come home to some pretty crazy outfits! Good thing they don't leave the house much together! ;) Now I think he does it despite me becuase I give him a hard time...he always says "I just don't care if they match!" He also doesn't want to move once Brynlee falls asleep...because he is afraid of waking her up. So he lets his own legs fall asleep in order to keep her asleep to have a little peace and quite becuase she really doesn't sleep much these days! When I come home he is SO glad I'm there. 1. So I can feed Brynlee, 2. So he can shower, 3. because he is about to go crazy...especially is she has been fussy! And he wonders why I am sometimes a little on edge by the time he gets home from work!!?? :)

In other news...I bought this kicking toy the other day. She gets so excited she kicks her legs like crazy! So when she kicks the blue foot petal thing it makes these things above her head spin and sing songs and what not...it's great! She can do it for hours!! She loves it!! She seriously kicks so much she always kicks her socks off! It is my life to put her sock back on. I swear I do it 50 times a day! Doesn't matter what kind of sock, she manages to get it off! But she sure does love her new toy!

Also, this Sunday the second counselor in the bishopric asked to talk to Joe and I after church. I was really nervous becuase I am the Personal Progress Advisor in Young Womens and REALLY didn't want to get moved to Primary. (Not that I don't love Primary...but it would be really hard with Brynlee right now!) Anyways...long story short I got released and called to be the Mia Maid Advisor. I'm really excited! I love being in the Young Womens and I'm SO glad they didn't move me! I'm nervous about teaching each week, but it will be good for me! I think that is all the news right now...oh and the results of explosion....I had to cut my hair! It was breaking off So bad! So I cut 2 inches off the front, and 4-5 inches off the back. (The back was the worst becuase I turned away from the explosion) :( But it will grow right? Well I'm off to try and get some things done around here...which is hard, lately Brynlee doesn't like to EVER be put down! Spoiled little girl! :)

5 comments:

Belkycita said...

He he he
How funny, Dad's can be so cute. Dave would dress Elena up in dresses and tights every single time he got the chance!
I want to see a picture of your new hair cut though, I'm sure it is really cute!
Next time I'm in Utah I'll have you high light mine :-)

Angie said...

congrats on the new call.. your so cute and you will be the girls favorite!
Great pics!!

Veena said...

Than's the same way with dressing the kids. Almost 5 years later he still wants me to always pick out their clothes. And yes, I always come home to toys strewn everywhere when I leave him with the kids.

Amy said...

Oh I remember the days of Jake with my new babies when I would come home from work, so funny. Let me just say, it doesn't get any better with the matching clothes, but it does get better with how they handle it. I feel that Jake is a pro these days and can even take 3 kids for several days, man I'm lucky.

Hey congrats on your new calling, that was seriously my favorite calling. Mia Maids are the best. Goood luck!

Sarah said...

Mia Maid Advisor!!! That's AWESOME! I'm so excited about that, you'll be excellent at it. I wish I was a Mia Maid again so I could be in your class. :)

Last Day In NICU

Last Day In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

First Day NICU

First Day NICU