Friday, October 3, 2008
My Hair Caught On Fire!!!
Yes you read the title correctly!! After a great day today I was feeling all energetic and decided to make a yummy dinner! (Doesn't happen often) I also decided I would show Joe my awesome cooking skills and make something that takes a little more effort (also doesn't happen often :). Well As I was attempting to make sweet and sour chicken...the oil I was boiling to deep fry my battered chicken in caught on fire!!! (After this all happened I read the oil label which says, may catch on fire if overheated, this I didn't know!) I hurried and turned off the burner and yelled at joe and asked him what to do...he said "Hurry take it outside and dump it on the grass!! Get rid of it!!" So not trying to put the fire out in the kitchen, I listen to my husband who also doesn't know much about burning oil and I take it out and hurry and dump it on the grass before it starts burning my hand which it is about to do! As I do this a HUGE and I mean HUGE explosion happens! I am completely engulfed in flames! The dog takes off running, I shut my eyes I think I'm going to die, and Joe comes running....as well as the neighbor who sees the huge explosion of flames! AfterI realize I am not on fire, my face is okay, and I don't have third degree burns, I then reach for my hair. Oh what a sad moment in a hair dressers life... My hair is singed everywhere!!! My eyes brows are singed, and I'm lucky my eye lashes are still intact! Long story short...Apparently water makes oil explode!! Hmmmm...should have thought about that one before dumping it out onto wet grass! Now I'm very depressed about my hair...I either have to cut it, or put extensions in and try to salvage what I have...I've been trying to grow it out for a year now...and Joe makes matters ten times worse becuase he always wants it long and tells me it looks better long...Gee thanks for the confidence boost!! I'm very upset about the whole situation....even though it is a little funny now... I am VERY lucky I didn't burn my my face!! I would post a picture...but I don't think I want to remember this!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last Day In NICU
Doing Much Better In NICU
First Day NICU


9 comments:
Wow, what a story. How scary!!! I'm so glad that you didn't get hurt anymore than you did. I bet that next time I see you that you'll have those extensions in and have beautiful long hair.
That picture of Brynlee in her bath towel is so precious.
Crazy story. That is totally scary. I am glad you didn't get burned too badly.
But I think you should post pictures. Everything is always better with a picture.
Oh how sad!!!
I am glad it wasn't worse but my MIL has taught me well "always find the good in the problem" and I think the good is...
Hair extensions!! You get to play with texture and color and Joe will like the long hair, you will love the change and I will consider getting some :-)
Now before you do it, take pictures of the NOW hair,please :-)
Oh my goodness, that is the scariest thing ever, I am so sorry. What a traumatic experience, but I think you should put pics so that you can one day look back and remember how grateful that it wasn't worse. Glad your okay!
I'm sorry about your hair, :( but SO glad you're ok!!!!! :) That's CRAZY! A good lesson to all since I would've thrown water on it IN the kitchen and ended up setting the house of fire along with myself. Just another reason why I don't cook. ;P
I'ts a good thing you are ok that is really scary.!! The next time you start a small grease fire in your kitchen (not saying you will) please put baking soda on the fire.... lol I am really glad you are ok though.. good story!!!
When I read your title, I looked at El and said O MY you are going to have to hear this!!
I am glad you are okay.. That is very scary!
But, I am with the others, you should post pics!
OH MY HECK!!!! I am so sorry! But luckily you are a hairdresser so you have better access to whatever you need to fix your hair. I am kinda sad that you did not post a picture :)
How scary i am glad you said you shouldnt dump hot oil on wet grass or water i had no idea!! i am so glad you are ok and you didnt get hurt, well your hair got hurt but it couldve been worse... i am so glad you are ok.. your baby is adorable by the way!
Post a Comment