Wednesday, February 11, 2009

When It Rains, It Sure Does Pour!!

Well to say the least it's been a pretty rough 2 weeks!!....Somehow I did survive and am living to tell about it! :) Brynlee came down with RSV...very scary since she had respiratory problems when she was born. I distinctly remember the NICU doctor saying, make sure she doesn't get RSV it could land her back in the hospital! Well life happens...and she ended up getting it. Probably from church is my guess but who knows? She was okay enough to not be admitted to the hospital but we had to do breathing treatments at home and had some REALLY bad nights/days!! I honestly don't know how I would have survived this if it weren't for my amazing mom. She went to every doctors appointment with me (we had one like everyday for a week) and came over a lot during the day so I could sleep, or shower, or just have some time to do laundry, dishes, etc.... She was an angel from heaven!! There was even one night when I couldn't get Brynlee to calm down so I called her at midnight and she was there to help. Her and I both were up all night with Brynlee and when she would finally sleep in hour increments at a time, my mom slept on my couch. I honestly, honestly don't know what I would do without my mom! She has been my sanity, my strength, and my support through all this! Don't get me wrong I do love my husband and he's been there too, but since he's been working crazy hours I just want him to sleep and get the rest he needs at night so he can function at work! But he has been gone more than he is home...so I definitely know the feeling of being a single parent. Frankly, I don't think I could ever do it! I have so much respect for those who do! On top of the RSV Brynlee also had double ear infections which made matters even worse! The good thing from that is that she is getting tubes put on on the 20th!!! HooRay!!! :) I came down with a sinus infection during all this probably due to lack of sleep...and that sure didn't make matters any better!! Among doctor visits, shots for her ear infections, breathing treatments every four hours, sleepless nights, and an emergency room visit one night, probably the worst thing I had to do was take Brynlee to the hospital for a few days to be suctioned out. Yes, they stuck a tube down her nose and sucked all the yuckies out!! Most traumatic thing ever for Brynlee and me!! :( I seriously have nightmares about how sad it was!! Big thanks to my friend Amy for helping me with that one!! I would have broken down big time if she didn't go with me! Brynlee seems to be doing a lot better...I can still tell it's there but not near the intensity it was before! She started to sleep until...she started teething her second bottom tooth just a couple days ago!! GIVE THE POOR BABY A BREAK, AND THE MOM FOR PETE SAKE!! lol I'm just SO grateful she didn't get admitted to the hospital and I'm very grateful she is doing better! I'm glad this experience is almost over...I think I need a vacation!!! :) I'm glad my husband has a job right now, and I'm glad my job is being so understanding. I'm glad we have a place to live, food to eat, and that our baby is okay! :) I'm SO thankful for family, for their concern, support and love. Times like these sure do make you appreciate being healthy, make you appreciate a good night's sleep, and for me, they make me slow down and enjoy the simple things in life again! Even though I feel like the walls in my house are closing in on me it's kinda been nice to lounge around in PJ's all day...snuggle and nap with my baby, and actually get some cleaning done!! haha I can't expose Brynlee to big crowds until RSV season is over...so I'm going to be doing a lot of what I've been doing for a couple more months!! Spring cannot get here soon enough!! :)

Poor Sick Little Baby

This picture is funny to me because I've been getting creative on ways to entertain ourselves...I was cooking dinner and had music I was dancing to thinking Brynlee would laugh at me. Instead every time I looked over this is the face I got like "what are you doing mom?" haha totally made me laugh!!

Feeling MUCH better!! :)

8 comments:

k.young said...

Oh my gosh! What an ordeal. I am glad she is starting to feel better. But I can't imagine going through that all at once. You are super woman. :)
And aren't moms the best?

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

How overwhelming and scary!! Sicknesses are so scary, especially RSV. I'm glad that you made it through it though, but it sounded really rough. I hope things start getting better. Take care.

Amy said...

Wow, you poor things, I feel so bad!!!! Honestly it's the worst to see your sweet little babes sick and not being able to take it away! I love that your mom was there to help, aren't they the BEST!!!!! PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can help with! Thinking of you guys!

cHeRi" said...

OH MY GOSH...I AM SO GLAD SHE IS OKAY! WHAT A SCARY THING TO GO THROUGH!! I HATE WINTER WITH LITTLE BABIES...IT'S SO HARD! I WISH I COULD DO SOMETHING TO HELP!! CAN I BRING YOU GUYS DINNER OR SOMETHING? PLEASE!!!

The Studes said...

even through all that I must say that brynlee sure knows how to rock an oxygen mask! =)
I hope you guys start feeling better. if there is anyhting I can do please please please let me know. I'm serious like 15 mins from you guys!

Alyssa said...

You are such a strong mom!! I am sure that was soo hard, but you made it and the amazing thing to me is.. you managed to be thankful for it all.. that is what makes you so great! Hopefully things keep going better for you!

Cory said...

I must say she is way cute! Hopefully she's feeling better, I've heard that has been going around.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

SICK Kids are a RIP!!! It is so sad and so absolutely overwhleming..so sad...glad to hear it is getting better!~

Last Day In NICU

Last Day In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

First Day NICU

First Day NICU