Saturday, January 31, 2009
Pure Exhaustion....
I cannot express how glad I am that this weekend is almost over!!! It has been INSANE for me! Remember that little cough Brynlee started to have? It turned into a full blown horrible nasty cough and we have been up all hours of the night because of it! I had to work Friday and Saturday this weekend thus my mom had to take her to the doctor and watch a sick baby because I had full days of appointments both days I worked. In fact I was so busy Friday it was one of the most horrible days EVER!! Running on 4 hours of sleep, living on diet coke, I didn't have time to eat, drink, go to the bathroom, or pump for 8 solid hours!! It was CRAZY!! Then I find out Brynlee has yet another ear infection which has gotten so bad it has turned into sinus infection and moved to her lungs...thus the HORRIBLE cough!! How does a baby get that sick that fast?? I have NO idea! But we are going to see a Ear, nose, and throat specialist and just get those dang tubes in her ears that way I don't have to guess anymore or make my baby suffer from an ear infection for so long because I just thought she was teething!! Sheesh! Being a baby is rough!! Being a mom of a sick baby is rough too!! lol Today was busy at work, but not as bad as Friday! THANK GOODNESS!! I am so grateful I am busy and have appointments in this economy...but man, it is rough, especially when you aren't sleeping at night!! Talk about pure exhaustion!! I am also stressed about Joe's new schedule at work. He got transfered jobs and it now working in North Salt Lake (yucky commute) and working 6 ten hour days!! I really feel bad for the poor guy...that is A LOT of hours!! But, this new schedule also puts a damper in my work schedule becuase Joe usually watches Brynlee on Saturdays. Thankfully my work is willing to work with me and let me work when I can...but it's so hard to leave Brynlee with just anyone when she doesn't take a bottle very well, and when I say she doesn't take it very well, I mean she fights it and starves herself instead! It stresses me out, and I worry the WHOLE time! I've tried everything to get her to take a bottle too! My mom can't watch her every Saturday becuase she works many saturdays also...so now I'm in a little bit of a pickle and need to figure out what to do...Anyways....enough ranting and raving for now! I should get to bed and get some sleep while I can...hopefully the medication starts helping soon!!! And thank heavens for Sunday!! I can't wait to have a day of REST! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last Day In NICU
Doing Much Better In NICU
First Day NICU


5 comments:
Oh gosh! I am so sorry! That sounds tough. You are such a good mom. You really are. Brynlee is lucky to have you.
Hopefully Brynlee starts feeling better soon and you can get tubes in her ears, so she doesn't get sick as often or as quickly.
Good luck. And keep us posted! I hope you get some sleep. :)
WOW.. You have had a rough weekend. I hope you are able to get some sleep and I hope that your sweet baby starts to feel better. We have had that gunk in our house and I keep trying to keep the kids away from the baby, but that isn't really working. let us know if we can do anything for you!
Yucks! I'm so sorry.
I hope tomorrow you can just relax!
Victoria wouldn't take a bottle either, she actually had to stop breast feeding because of my surgery. It was hard but I couldn't breast feed for 3 days and after those days she took the bottle just fine.The bad part is that she refused to nurse.
Just remember you have to do what works for you not anyone else but you.
Sending you hugs :-)
That is absolutely no fun that she is sick!! I got tubes in my ears when I was a baby too.. that seemed to help! I hope she starts to feel better and that your week settles down! Joe's schedule sounds ridiculous! You guys can make it through it though! :)
That stinks that Brynlee has been sick, ear infctions are no fun, we went through that wih Gracie when she was a baby. I hope that this week turns out to be better for you! We missed you in Young Womens, hopefully I'll see you on Wednesday, actually Tuesday! (we have Board Mtg.)
Post a Comment