Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Little Piglet 2009

Better late than never is always my motto... We had a fun Halloween this year!! The week before Halloween we babysat Joe's mom's puppy while they were on vacation. During the week he jumped up on brynlee and scratched her face...really no big deal I thought but it got infected and I ended up taking her to the doctor the Friday before Halloween because it wasn't looked like a scratch anymore it was like a boil and it was spreading all over her face, ears, and hands.... :( It was a staph infection...so my poor little babes looked a little sad because she had infection all over her face!! That didn't put any damper on her spirits...and she was a trooper!! She still didn't quite understand what was going on, but she sure caught on fast that people were giving her candy...and candy is good!!! lol She doesn't usually get very much candy at home, because I try to keep it out of the house or I end up eating it! So she officially experienced her first sugar high!!! When I say sugar high, I mean she was so hopped up on the stuff it was hilarious!!! She now knows what candy is and throws fits until she gets it....example.... Grocery shopping at Wal Mart this past week (Andy ignore the Wal Mart part!! I usually go to smiths i promise!! :) we finally made it to the check out where I had to set brynlee down on the floor because she wouldn't sit in the basket and I ended up carrying her half the time! While I'm loading the food onto the checkout belt she finds the candy...she is grabbing as much as she possibly can!!! I finally see what's going on and try to pry the candy bars from her little death gripped fists!!! I manage to get all but a pack of rolo's...she freaks out, i am embarrassed because i swore to myself my children would not be the crazy ones I always saw before I had kids....and I tell the nice employee to just scan the stupid thing while she is holding it!!! I'm telling you, she was FREAKING out!! We've officially begun the start of the terrible 2's and she is not even 16 months!!!! How is this possible???? We already have time-out's at home, and she is definitely pushing to see how much she can get away with!! She is wearing me out lately...yes I know it is only going to get worse!!! I need to read parenting books or something because I have NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING!!!! lol Anyways...back to my story, she was fine because she has her candy!! Candy is evil!!! Thank you Halloween for this new discovery!!! :) I love our neighborhood so much and it was so fun to see all the kids!! It looked like Disneyland or something!! There were TONS and I meanTONS of kids!! We had over a thousand pieces of candy and we gave out every single one!! I'm so glad Brynlee can grow up here...she is going to love it!! Hope you all had great Halloween's!!

I took this a couple weeks before halloween, glad I did becuase it's so cute!! :)

My little Piglet

Brynlee's Elmo Pumpkin


Joe & I's Pumpkin (All the girls love the snow white pumpkin I knew they would!! lol)

Trick or Treating such a Daddy's girl!!

6 comments:

The Studes said...

seriously the cutest piglet EVER!!!

Em said...

Oh my gosh, so freaking cute!

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

I loved the piglet costume!!Brynlee looked so cute in it.

Belkycita said...

SUPER CUTE!!!
Welcome to the power struggle world! it isn't as bad though, some good things come too :-)

Alyssa said...

I LOVE that costume!! SOOO CUTE! And that's okay that she threw a fit in the store..Im sure everyone that has a child understands.. heck, I do and I dont have kids!

Amy said...

Seriously I know I always say this, but can she get any cuter?? Love the piglet costume and your pumpkins are awesome. Thanks for your sweet comment, you're always so nice.

Last Day In NICU

Last Day In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

First Day NICU

First Day NICU