Monday, November 3, 2008

All the things that make it worth it....

Well today while I was cleaning off my child from a diaper blow out up to her armpit in the Wal Mart bathroom I was thinking that there are definitely things that make being a mom worth it! When I first got pregnant, I had NO clue of what life would be like with a baby. I was just excited to dress them up, hold them, and love them. Little did I know, being a mom is seriously a FULL TIME JOB!! Everyone tries to tell you, but you don't listen. I don't think we would do any of this if it weren't for all the things that make it totally worth being a mom!! I had to list them today becuase I sure wasn't feeling being a mom in the nasty bathroom, with poop everywhere, my baby screaming, and people looking at me like I was out of my mind!! :)
1. I love when she laughs and even though I am not funny, she thinks I am!
2. I love to start my day out with a big gummy smile when she sees me for the first time in the morning.

3. I love to snuggle at night and have her fall asleep beside me.

4. I love how expressive she is, and how exicting the world is to her, makes me appreciate my life and all the small things that are SO big to her.
5. I love nursing, I get to cuddle, and stop and smell the roses many times a day!

6. I love even though I might not look very cute or feel very skinny that she doesn't care!
7. I love when she jabbers to herself, it makes me laugh!

8. I love that she is so uncoordinated, it makes me feel alot better when I trip up the stairs or do something clumbsy!

9. I love when she smiles, and her eyes light up!

10. I love when she poops and pees on her dad, it is seriously the funniest thing ever!
11. I love to take baths toegther, she is so cute in the water and loves every minute she screams when it's time to get out!

12. I love that she tries to be so independant, it reminds me too much of me!

13. I love the cute milky tongue, I miss it!

14. I love that everywhere I go, she wants to be.

15. I LOVE that no one can calm her down or make her as happy as I can, because I'm the mom! :)


My life will never be the same and even though I may not have time to myself, or time to clean, or time to cook, I wouldn't want it any other way!! There is absolutley nothing like being a mom!!



This is seriously how I get anything done!!

8 comments:

Belkycita said...

OH, thanks for the reminder!
Being a mom is so special and I need to work on remember how special it is when I have bad days.

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

Ah that is so sweet. Sometimes it is so hard being a mom, but things like that make up for the hard times. I but you are such a good mom.=)

k.young said...

I loved this post. It was perfect. Thanks for sharing.
And you look FANTASTIC! Love that picture of you and your sweet baby. Gotta love the baby carrier. It is the only way any of us get anything done when they are little.

Veena said...

What a great post. It's so nice when you really get to take a minute and think about how being a mom is really great. Now you can always go back and read this when you have a super-hard day. I think I might steal this idea from you.

Traci said...

That is such a sweet post! I think it is good sometimes to make a list like that. Because there are so many times when I wonder what I got myself into!

Alyssa said...

Well I can't exactly relate to that quite yet, but I understand how you feel (the best that a girl w/no kid can). Seems like you are being a great mom and thats all that counts!

Sarah said...

God bless the inventor of the Baby Bjorn and God Bless Mothers--it is the most important job in whole wide world and you're not only doing an AMAZING job, but you look HOT while you're at it!!! :)

Meagan said...

Hi Kariann,
I am Jo's cousin Meagan. I don't think I have ever met you but I found your blog on my sister Katie's. I love your post on being a mom. Thanks for sharing such a sweet feelings on motherhood. I think you and your sweet daughter are darling!

Last Day In NICU

Last Day In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

First Day NICU

First Day NICU