Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our Halloween!

I rarely have any time now a days to sit at the computer...especially never have time to blog! :( So here is our Halloween events in a very condensed version! We always carve pumpkins with my family....they are so funny becuase every gets really into it and my dad even buys a "membership" on a pumpkin carving website so we can get cool stencils...things get pretty detailed, first you poke out your stencil into the pumpkin, then after you have you guide with all these tiny holes you use about 3 different size little pumpkin saws to carve out your design. When Joe and I first met he had NEVER carved a pumpkin, or better yet, carved a pumpkin the "Packer Way!" lol So now going on his third year he is no longer a pumpkin carving virgin! haha We also took Brynlee to Cornbelly's corn maze. Joe keeps telling me, she doesn't care where she is at, she's never going to remeber. Which I know and agree with, but it's more for me, it's fun to get out and do something as a family! We had a fun time! On Halloween night we had a fun little stop to Home Depot to buy a "peep" hole for our front door. Apparently we live in a pretty rough neighborhood becuase for the 3rd time, someone rang by doorbell and when I didn't answer (I don't answer when I am home alone becuase it scares me) they TRY MY HANDLE to see if my door is unlocked!!!! It scares me SO bad! Anyways...we DEFINITELY needed a peep hole so I can see who's at my door. Afterwards we stopped at both Grandparents houses so they could see Brynlee in her costume. Joe and I were never really very exciting before we had a baby, now it's even worse!! lol Oh well, we had a fun Halloween anyway!

We each had out own pumpkin, I didn't want to carve a huge one this year, so mine isn't much bigger than Brynlee's!

Brynlee and her pumpkin, I'm not sure if she loved pumpkin carving! lol
Joe SO thrilled to find out pumpkins in the field! & Brynlee as a little piggy!


Me & Bryn in the Princess Pumpkin Carriage & all of us on the HUGE rocking chair! Maybe that baby would rock Brynlee to sleep at night! :)

10 comments:

Amy said...

Ok, that's scary about people knocking on your door, yes get a peep hole! Looks like you guys had a great Halloween time, Brynlee is getting so big already, WOW!

Veena said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Halloween. Next year maybe you guys should come out here for some trick-or-treating.

Traci said...

I love that your family is so unto carving pumpkins!!! I am scared though for you...the whole someone trying to open your door. That is way creepy!!!!

k.young said...

Super cute! I love all the pictures! Brynlee is getting so cute!!

The Studes said...

Ok so I have to laugh... what happen to all of brynlee's hair.. =) oh how i hated those days.
Your pumpkins turned out great! we really need to get together... but who has time anymore.. haha

Belkycita said...

This message is for Joe... "Stop being such a boy and enjoy the FUN!!! I'm done
Kariann: Dave used to say that all the time and it drove me NUTS!! He knows better now, and he has no excuse because Elena now cares and remembers.
Take care, that about your door sounds too scary. Your hair looks great BTW.

Sarah said...

I remember your pumpkin carving tradition. In fact, I remember carving some with you, too! Remember our AWESOME siamese pumpkin?! Yeah, we rocked it. ;) LOVE Bryn's pacifier pumpkin, adorable. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Alyssa said...

We totally didn't get to carve pumpkins this year.. Im kinda bummed about it! But it looks like you guys had a nice Halloween.. Brynlee is soo cute!

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

Wow! That is some good pumpkin carving there. That is funny that your hubby says she won't remember doing things, because mine says that kind of stuff all of the time. I totally agree with you though, it is so nice to get out of the house and do things as a family. Brynlee is so adorable, I think she looks a lot like you.

Angie said...

Glad you got a peep hole.. That is very creepy!! I am one of those people who never leaves my doors unlocked.. I am afraid of way to many things..
Great pictures!! I love your pumpkins.. Just so you know, El never had carved a pumpkin before me either..

Last Day In NICU

Last Day In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

First Day NICU

First Day NICU