Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Need to Vent....

I really hate getting on here and complaining...but right now if I don't vent I'm afraid I might break down into uncontrollable tears!! I vent to the dog all the time...sure wish some days she would talk back! lol Brynlee has had an ear infection now for almost 2 weeks!! Took her in, ear infection, they gave me a prescription for it. 4 days later she seemed like it was getting worse. Took her back in and to no avail double ear infection the prescription wasn't even working!! Now she had to have shots. So we made a visit to the doctor every day but Christmas. As of Friday it was cleared up. Now it is Wednesday again and we were back to the doctor this morning with yet again ANOTHER ear infection!!! I feel so bad for the poor baby...but I also feel bad for myself. I haven't slept in 2 weeks and especially the last 3 nights I've been up every hour to every two hours with a crying baby. I seriously think I turn into this crazy emotional zombie when I get like this! It's amazing what not sleeping does to your body!! Is it too much to ask for a good night's sleep?? Man, being a mom can be really hard!! It's always worth it, but sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just want tubes put in her ears and I want to be done with this nonsence!! Sorry to just get on here and whine about my life right now! I will post happier things like Christmas and my hair when I'm not in such a rotten mood! :)

6 comments:

k.young said...

Sorry that Brynlee is so sick. That is awful. I hope things get better soon. And you are totally allowed to vent. It is totally okay!! It is hard being a mom, for sure!!
I can't wait to see your hair and pictures of Christmas!!

Angie said...

O Sweetie, I know what you are going through. Gannon was the same way. And it always got worse after he had his shots. None of my kids ever had tubes and I am glad for that, but if that is what she needs then I would think the doctor would just get it done. I wish I could help you out. Being sleep deprived sucks. And I can't believe that in just weeks now, I will be the walking zombie again.
I hope you get some rest.. If we can do anything to help you, let us know!
Remember that we love you!!! :)

Veena said...

I'm so sorry about all the ear infections. I think that it is kind of crazy that doctors always diagnose them now-a-days but when I was a kid I probably had a bunch, never saw the doctor, and turned out just fine (I think). We just saw the doctor for Aaron the other day and talked about tubes. He told us that they do cause some scarring in the ear and maybe even slight hearing loss. Just to give you something to think about.

Amy said...

Oh I am so so sorry. It really is so hard when we can't soothe our little babies. And to top it off being without sleep can really bring out the crankiness in us all, so just know we ALL understand, and we've all been there. This to shall pass. Hang in there okay. Thinking of you! And Happy New Year

Alyssa said...

Sorry to hear about the terrible ear infection! I hope it is getting better and you can finally get some sleep! I can only imagine how exhausted you must be!

The Studes said...

Kariann ,
That is terrible, Hopefully you and Brynlee will get better soon. If you ever need some help or even some alone time let me know and I"ll take Bryn of your hands for a little while.
I hope things get better =)

Last Day In NICU

Last Day In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

First Day NICU

First Day NICU