Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pretzel Tradition

It is becoming a yearly tradition to make chocolate covered pretzels with my best friend Amy! This year was no exception! :) We dipped pretzels for about 6 hours with the exception of taking breaks to feed Brynlee, change her, play with her etc... Towards the end I realized I could just hold her and use my "one handed mom abilities" to do two things at once! lol Brynlee did awesome and we dipped the whole 6lb. bag of pretzels. Not only did we dip them, we decorated them with sprinkles, drizzled other chocolate on top etc...so these are no ordinary chocolate covered pretzels!! It was alot of fun and I was proud of us...we really didn't eat that many during the process!! haha Now I have neighbor treats, co-workers, etc... Bring on Christmas!! I'm ready!! :)

Our Finished Product!

The Empty bag as proof, and Brynlee sacked out from the long day!

Sorry Amy, I know you weren't ready for the day and you'll hate this picture but I think it's cute!! :)

8 comments:

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

That looks like you had a lot of fun and the pretzels look yummy. Too bad I'm not one of your neighbors...=)

k.young said...

Super cute! And so fun! By the way, you look adorable!! And Brynlee is getting so stinkin' cute!

Amy said...

What a good idea to do for little neighbor gifts, looks like a lot of work, but fun to be with your friend!

Amy Maire Hanson said...

I love our tradition!! I don't mind the pic! It's what I get for not getting ready!! I just can't wait till our kids get to really jump in and do it with us!! Then we will really have a mess!! LOL!!

Korine said...

What ambition...6 LB BAG!!! Too bad we aren't neighbors or co-workers, hey, but the next family get together will work! Fun post, and your baby is amazingly beautiful. You and Joe are the cutest parents!

I've been asked if I have your address for Christmas cards. Do you mind sending it to me so I can have it now and pass it on to those who would like it? korinecard@gmail.com. Thanks Kariann!

Angie said...

Holy Pretzles bat girl! They all look so so so yummy!

Alyssa said...

Holy cow!! THAT IS SOO MANY PRETZELS!! You are crazy! But I'm sure it was a blast!

The Studes said...

yum.. those look good enough to EAT!

Last Day In NICU

Last Day In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

Doing Much Better In NICU

First Day NICU

First Day NICU